Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Links

Here are a few things I've found. The first is a lecture by Lawrence Lessig. I thought it was interesting to see his view of copyright laws. In my research I found that Lawrence Lessig is actually someone that is trying to get the Orphan Works bill pushed through, which is what the second link pertains to. The more I find out about the Orphan Works bill the less it sounds like they are trying to take an artists right to their work away. They seem to make the distinction between flat out ripping someone off and using something that nobody has claimed as theirs.

3. http://www.publicknowledge.org/issues/ow/myths-and-facts

-Danny

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, thanks for postin' that. I figured as we got further into the research that we'd find things weren't so black and white. Keep postinng

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete